Air fryers, small, large, XL or any kind are a testimony to our changing lifestyle and for all the right reasons. If you didn’t join the bandwagon yet, or wondering what this frenzy is all about, we will talk about just that in a bit. We probably need to unlearn our traditional frying methods and get used to the idea of air fryers, because these game-changing technologies are real life-altering machines. While there is a perpetual debate on whether or not these are good, it’s important to understand that just like everything in life, there are always two sides to every coin. Weigh them all, and make a decision – meanwhile, we are here to give you a list of the best XL air fryers in the market and everything you need to know.
10 Best XL Fryers with Reviews
1. Philips XL Airfryer
A fryer that tops any chart unanimously is the Philips Xl Fryer. It is probably the highest rated, reviewed and sought after air fryer that is available in the market right now. It is slightly on the expensive, but it’s worth everything you put into buying this. It is perfect for big families, as you can get big batches of food at once. At 2100 watts power capacity, you can be sure that food will be perfectly done. It also comes with additional features like baking, grilling, and even roast veggies, meat, etc.
- Comes with a preset button.
- Recipe book included.
- Digital display.
- Works as a replacement for oven and grill.
- It is on the expensive side.
- Gives out white smoke when you use butter.
- It is slightly big, and takes up a lot of counter space.
2. Black And Decker HF110SBD
If you are looking for an Xl fryer that does it all but is affordable? Look no further than our very own Black & Decker. We all hoard our kitchen with Black & Decker appliances for Thanksgiving, this time around you know what to buy, don’t you? It comes with a dual fan convection that circulates air twice as fast, making food crispers and well done. With a 1220 watt capacity and an affordable price point, it is a total steal deal.
- Dual convection fans.
- Price point.
- Easy to work with.
- Compact and nice.
- Relatively smaller
3. Air Fryer by Cozyna
An original airfryer that falls under the affordable category, and winning all hearts. Designed to make healthy eating fun in the most real sense without the need for using unhealthy amounts of oil or fat is what is driving people towards the Low Fat Healthy and Multi Cooker by Cozyna. Whether it is crispy fries, a burger patty or anything else that we all crave for sometimes can be made in this just with a little spray of oil. At 5L, it is big enough for a small family without taking too much space, easy to work with and clean up too.
- 70% lesser oil.
- Non-stick cooking surface.
- 30 minute timer.
- Rapid air circulation technology.
- Dishwasher safe.
- The external body might get a little heated up.
4. Philips HD9641/96 Airfryer Avance Turbo Star
The Turbo star airfryer stays true to its name because it uses one of its kind ‘Turbostar’ technology that swirls and distributes hot air equally in the cooking chamber. The food is cooked equally, fried well and needs no intervention during the entire process. The digital controls and preset cooking options customized for different kinds of foods make cooking hassle-free.
- Turbostar technology that is twice as effective.
- Easy cleaning, and assembly of parts.
- Does not have to preheated.
- There is a keep warm option that keeps food fresh and warm.
- Not as big in comparison to the other Phillips fryers.
5. Avalon Bay Digital Air Fryer
Looking for an airfryer that is big enough to cook meals for your entire family but is easy on your pocket? Here’s a fryer that gives you all of it in under 100$. Whether it is french fries or a block of steak you are trying to cook, this does it all with 80% less oil, and of course without all the extra cost. It practically replaces your oven and grill.
- In-built timer.
- Comes with a top grill option.
- 7 cooking modes for different kinds of foods.
- The non-stick layers may chip off easily.
6. Go WISE 8 in 1 Air Fryer (5.8qt)
If you want to step away from the stereotypical brands and look for something that does everything your air fryer is meant to do, look no further than your GOWISE 8 in 1 Fryer. With a huge surface to work with and multiple preset options, it makes cooking fun, easy and of course healthy too. You can adjust your heat settings, and most foods can be cooked in no time. The rapid air circulation technology ensures that your food is cooked and fried evenly.
- Comes with preset cooking modes.
- Rapid pulse technology helps with cooking food evenly.
- You can only set the timer for 30 minutes
- Sometimes you might need more than one cooking session.
7. Nutri Chef Digital Electric Oil-Free Air Frying Cooker
Nutricheck Digital Electric Oil-Free Air Frying Cooker is everything your kitchen needs but does all of it with 80% lesser oil. With 7 cooking modes, it practically replaces your deep fryer, oven, toaster, pizza grill, microwave, and even your dehydrator. The dehydrator option is a rare setting in air fryers, and that’s what makes it twice as exciting, giving you a bang for your buck.
- Comes with 8 pre-set cooking modes.
- Dehydrator option.
- Food is cooked equally, inside out.
- LED display, and automatic shut down option.
- Only comes with 60 day warranty period.
8. T-fal FZ7002 ActiFry
The T-Fal FZ7002 Actifry helps to cook your food evenly and this Gourmet edition from T-fal is extremely powerful when compared to your other traditional fryers. The cooking pan is ceramic which is a rare in this category because it is compared healthier than non-stick surfaces. The controls are easy to work with, and the clean-up after is just as easy too.
- Ceramic cooking surface.
- You can make more than just fried food, let’s you make desserts too.
- Easy to use and clean.
- You might have to intervene and stir the food a few times.
- It does not shut down automatically.
- Potatoes can get mushy if are not dry enough.
9. Glip AF800 Oil-Less Air Fryer
If you are the kind who likes something more old school and fancy a vintage looking airfryer – here’s something that is best in the segment. In today’s digital age, this fryer gives a tough competition to other high-end air fryers. There is no issue with performance, and works equally good, and has a better aesthetic value.
- The handle comes with heat insulation.
- Cooks food in less than 30 minutes.
- There is no scope for accessories because of it’s make.
10. Big Boss Less Oil Fryer
With a unique body and dual rack system for cooking, this is a must for families who love their food fried, roasted and juicy without compromising on health. Whether it is roasting a whole turkey, broiling chicken, toasting bread, grilling your vegetables, etc the Big Boss Less Oil Fryer does it all like a boss, but of course with just a little drizzle of oil.
- Triple cooking power.
- Multiple power settings.
- Dual racks.
- Easy to clean.
- It’s a little noisy.
- Takes longer for bigger quantities.
How To Choose The Perfect Size Air Fryer XL
As a first-timer, it can be overwhelming to choose for the million options available in the market, and end up buying something that might be an ideal fit for your kitchen. Here are few easy but important factors that help you make a decision.
- Power – A good and powerful air fryer needs to be anywhere between 800 – 2100 watts. Anything less than this might not be as effective, so this becomes a deciding factor. You don’t always have to go with the highest capacity if your usage is minimal, but all things considered you might as well go with something that with a higher power capacity.
- Type – We spoke about the different types of air fryers just now, so think about that and map it with the other factors to see what works for you. There is another variant called ‘Halogen Air Fryers’ which a few companies manufacture for both these type, these basically use a halogen bulb for the heating system instead of your traditional coils.
- Basket Capacity – They range from anywhere between 1 -2.5 pounds capacity baskets, so depends on the size of your family and your cooking quantities.
- Factory Warranty – Warranty is not a new concept to any of us, but this probably is an interesting giveaway and tells you about the product. Logically a product that offers a longer warranty period is better than that which gives you fewer years. It might not say too much about the robustness of the product, but is definitely a sign of quality and trust on the brand.
- Price – But above all, the key to most of us is the price and so you should pit these factors against each other before making a decision. However, don’t let this be a deal breaker unless you working on a tight budget.
What Is The Best Oil To Use In A Deep Fryer?
Air fryers only about 20% oil for cooking when compared to your traditional deep-frying or cooking methods, so consider coating your ingredients with oil or spraying them to utilize it’s features optimally. Use healthier, cold pressed and oils with a higher smoking point. Grape Seed, extra virgin, avocado, etc or a combination of healthy with high smoke point ratio.
XL Airfryer Accessories.
For all the air fryer aficionados who are always on the lookout for accessories that speed up, add up and up the air fryer game – here is the accessory list. All of them are easily available and are the most sought after in the market right now.
- Accessory Kits – The accessory kits are universal and compatible with any model or make of air fryer you might have. They are bundled into set of fives, usually and help you explore recipes using your air fryer. The most popular kit available on Amazon right now comes in a set of five – an aluminium cake pan with a handle, a round pizza pan, for making pizzas, or anything else you can think of, you just have to get creative. Next in the list is a holder that doubles up as a skewer stand; a silicone placemat and a recipe book.
- Oil Sprays Cans – Oil spray can have been a blessing for all of us health freaks, and in general, gave us all a chance to bring our fat usage to a fraction of what we would otherwise use. Fill the bottle with oil, and spray it out to add a misty layer of oil coating just enough for food to be cooked. A spray bottle is a perfect condiment for the airfryer – instead of coating food with a brush, use a spray bottle to make the experience less messy.
- Parchment Paper – Parchment liners, butter papers, etc have been a big part of baking and makes cleaning a breeze. And, now we have parchment papers to fit into air fryers.
Apart from these, there are many more knick-knacks like cooking racks, thermometers, hand caddy’s, cake pans, non-stick deep dishes, etc. for you to explore.
In today’s age where everything, especially food is looked at with a healthy and magnifying lens, air fryers are definitely worth the hype. They almost completely eliminate, ‘oil’, which is a major source of carbs in our meals which is nothing but mostly empty calories. If there is an alternative to healthy cooking, without compromising on the taste, why not?