Top 10 Best Rated Portable Jump Starters in 2019By publisher on September 10, 2020
Picture this; you are on the highway, and suddenly your car breaks down. Your car is not ready to start because your battery is either dead or does not have enough power to start. After googling, you get to know that the next auto shop is 50-80 miles away.
Whenever your car trouble hits, what is one thing that can come to your rescue? A portable car jump starter can be the best option that can help you out in such a situation.
If you look online for a portable jump starter, you will find a number of options providing the best portability and power features. There are few jump starters which even weigh less than 5 lbs. With so much advancement in this field, picking a suitable one for your use can become a difficult task. To help you with this, we have tried to narrow down your search and have mentioned ten best performing jump starters below. Take a look!
Top 10 Best Rated Portable Jump Starters
1. NOCO Genius Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
If you are in search of a jump starter which can help you provide a continuous supply of current along with a spark-proof technology, then the NOCO Genius Boost Jump Starter is the best option for you. It can help you pump up to 1000 amps to your car’s battery, thereby resuscitating your car’s battery.
It has an internal battery which, when charged, can provide you with up to 20 jump starts. The most loved feature of this jump starter is that it is spark-proof which in turn, reduces the chances of fire. Along with your car’s battery, you can even charge your phone using it. The company claims that with every charge, you can charge your phone for four times.
- It is lightweight and weighs around 2.4 pounds only.
- It is durable.
- The product is designed with a solid and sturdy casing.
- It does not create a spark, and thus, it is safe and secure.
- It has special LED flashlights which make the usage easier even in the dark.
- It can pump up to 1000 Amps to your car’s battery.
- It has a lithium-ion.
- It is compatible with both the 3-litre engine and 6-litre gas.
- The product doesn’t come with a warranty from the manufacturer.
- Some users complained that they got defective units in their boxes.
- If not charged for a long time, it might break down.
- Some users have also complained of overheating of the device.
2. DBPOWER 600A 18000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
The DBPOWER 600A Portable Car Jump Starter is one of the favourite products of the experts and is quite popular among the users. It has a great smart charging port and is packed with a peak current of 600 Amps.
The unit works great with both 5.2-litre diesel engine and a 6.5-litre gas engine. It can help you power the battery of your car with a very little or no energy wastage at all. It is loved for its multiple adapter and USB ports which means it allows you to charge almost everything including mobile phones and laptops and not just the car’s battery.
- It is compact and extremely lightweight (just 1.1 lbs.)
- It offers a peak current of 600 Amps.
- The starter includes a flashlight and a compass.
- You can connect it to multiple devices.
- The product is incredibly safe and prevents overvoltage and short-circuits
- The company offers a warranty of 3 years and the return policies are quite hassle-free too.
- It has a bright and easy-to-read LCD screen which shows you the status of the battery life.
- It offers multiple functioning.
- When compared to other jump starters, the peak is a bit less.
- Users complain of the durability.
3. Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety GEN2 1000A Portable Car Jump Starter
The Rugged Geek RG1000 Portable Car Jump Starter is one among the best portable chargers which offer a peak current of 400-600 Amps. The product is best known for its durability and consistency. It has special Intelliboost cables which makes it unique when compared to other products with the same features. It comes with two USB ports that allow you to charge your other devices apart from your car’s battery.
- It is very effective and durable.
- The unit is very compact and lightweight.
- It comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year.
- It makes use of Intelliboost jumper cables which helps in jump-starting a vehicle for 20 times with a single-time charge.
- It also has a 3-in-1 charging system.
- The LCD screen is bright and clear.
- It also has special LED flashlight functionalities.
- It has special air compressors.
- It has a great customer support service.
- Users complain that the USB plugs that come along with it are not great in quality.
- Even though the product is designed beautifully, the quality of plastic used is not that great.
4. GOOLOO 1000A Peak 20800mAh SuperSafe Car Jump Starter
The users of the Gooloo SuperSafe Car Jump Starter are very happy and pleased with the product. It offers a peak current of 800 Amps and can power up both 5.5-litre diesel and a 7-litre gas engine. It has great LED lights which makes the usage easier while in the dark. The jump starter is compatible with all the vehicles. It also has a special mode called an SOS mode which you can use during emergencies. Just like other jump starters, this product also has multiple safety features.
- It is compatible with all types of vehicles.
- It is lightweight and weighs only 1.16 pounds.
- It is compact and can fit in a small glove box too.
- It has a special LED flashlight for better visibility.
- The product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 18 months and 30 days return policy too.
- The battery is 18000mAh and can be used to charge anything.
- It prevents overheating.
- The price is comparatively cheaper.
- It is not suitable for vehicles with powerful engines which require more than 3000 Amps.
- The jumper cables are thinner when compared to other jump starters.
- There are a few issues with reliability.
5. Bolt Power N02 1200 Amp Peak 12-Volt Car Battery Jump
The Bolt Power Jump Starter is another great product which is capable of giving off 1200 Amps. Thus, this is a suitable product for trucks, SUVs, and tractors. Its special circuit protection system helps in keeping the clamps safe and secure in any weather condition. You can even use it to charge some of your other devices such as your smartphones. The USB port is protected from overheating, short circuits, and product damage. It also has special LED flashlights which are useful during emergencies.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- It is a powerful jump starter which is capable of giving a peak of 1200 Amps, 800 instant Amps, and 600 Amps.
- The clamps are secured and can be used in extreme weather conditions too.
- It is easy to store and can be placed in the glove box.
- Its special features prevent the device from overheating and short circuits.
- It has a heavy-duty construction.
- It offers all electrical safety features.
- It offers a warranty of 1 year.
- You need to keep the charging full because as the charging goes below 25%, the device starts working slowly.
- The customer service is not great.
- It is not reliable in case of tire inflation.
6. iClever 800A Peak 18000mAh Portable Jump Starter
If you are looking for a powerful yet cheaper option, iClever Jump Starter is the perfect option for you. The product has very good reviews online. It is capable of jump-starting your vehicle with the both diesel engine and gasoline. It comes with a power bank of 18000mAh and offers a peak of 600 Amps. It has heavy-duty clamps intelligent cables which prevent the device from short circuits. It also has an auto battery booster which can be used in case of emergencies.
- The product is powerful and compact.
- It has 3X Lithium Polymer batteries.
- The clamps are smart and heavy-duty.
- It has dual USB ports.
- It offers a manufacturer warranty of 18 months.
- It has a special LED flashlight with multiple modes.
- Even though the clamps are heavy-duty, the cable could be extended.
7. Nekteck Car Jump Starter
The Nektek Car Jump Starter is a decent jump starter with a power bank of 16,800mAh. It offers a peak of 600 Amps and can jump-start a vehicle with a diesel engine up to 3.0 litres and 5.0 litres of the gasoline engine. It is a lightweight jump starter with some amazing features. When fully charged, it has the potential to jump-start a vehicle for 25 times.
- It has an amazing power bank of 16,800mAh.
- It is very compact and lightweight and weighs around 2 pounds.
- You can store it in your glove box.
- You can jump-start a vehicle for 25 times when charged fully.
- It has 2 USB ports and multiple adapters.
- It is affordable.
- It is not suitable for vehicles with powerful engines (more than 3000 Amps).
8. Arteck Car Jump Starter
The Arteck Car Jump Starter is a very cheap yet powerful jump starter. It is a very lightweight product and weighs only half a pound. It delivers a battery power of 8000mAh and offers a peak of 300 Amps.
- It is compact and portable.
- The product is very lightweight and weighs only 0.5 pounds.
- It offers dual functionality – as a jump starter and as a USB power bank.
- It offers fast charging times.
- It also offers all the electricity safety measures.
- The price is very less.
- It offers a peak of 300 Amps which is not sufficient for a few vehicles.
- The engine support displacement is comparatively lower than other brands.
9. Suaoki U10 800A Peak 20000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
The Suaoki Car Jump Starter is a multifunctional and a portable jump starter which offers a 3-to-1 solution to help you get rid of the frustrating car issues. It offers a high-power bank of 20,000mAh and can be used to jump-start vehicles with powerful engines. It has 2 USB ports and a pair of intelligent clamps. It has a bright LCD screen which is easy-to-use and easy-to-read. For safe usage and all-around protection, all you need to do is plug and play the battery booster. It has an embedded compass that helps you with the directions, in case you are lost.
- The device is portable.
- It has 2 USB ports and a power adapter.
- It has an embedded compass.
- It has a bright LCD with a power indicator.
- It also has an emergency LED flashlight which you can use in case of emergencies.
- The quality of the jumper cables is not that great.
10. TENKER 600A Peak 14000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
The TENKER Car Jump Starter is a compact and portable jump starter with a power bank of 14,000mAh with a peak of 600 Amps. It is very lightweight and offers dual smart USB ports. It offers advanced safety protection, and its amazing features can make this product a lifesaver.
- It is lightweight and weighs 1.2 lbs.
- It has a manufacturer warranty of 3 years.
- It offers advanced safety protection.
- It has a multifunctional LCD screen and LED flashlight.
- It has dual charging ports.
- The quality of the jump cable could have been better.
Car Jump Starter Buying Guide – How To Choose a Jump Starter
Some of the key factors that you must consider before buying a jump starter are as follows:
Not all of us are professional car experts. If you need the jump starter only for emergencies, a basic one should serve the purpose.
Amps and Wattage
Always check the amps and wattage that it offers.
Battery and Its Charging
Since jump starters run on batteries, the choosing of the right battery is very important.
This factor might not seem significant, but you must always go with portable ones.
A jump starter with a USB slot will always be helpful to keep your other things charged too.
The flashlights are useful during emergencies.
How to use a portable jump starter?
You can connect the battery terminals to the jump starters to use it.
Can I use a portable jump starter on my motorcycle?
Yes, you can.
How many amps do I need to jump-start my car?
A jump starter with 400-600amps is enough to start a car.
How long does jump starter battery last?
If used with proper care, it can work well for 3-5 years.
How long does a jump starter take to charge?
It takes around 3 – 5 hours to charge a jump starter fully.
Jumpers deliver an instantaneous power signal which is supposed to kick-start a battery. Thus, a right jump starter can make your life easier. We hope you found these reviews helpful.