Type heating pad in your good search bar and you will get a number of suggestions available in the market. For each body part, you will find a specially designed heating pad. This means there are a lot of people sailing in the same boat as yours and are looking for the easiest and the fastest ways of getting rid of pains.
There are a number of heating pads available in the market that claim to meet all your goals. Some aren’t as effective as they are supposed to be while some are not that great quality pads. And that’s absolutely a bummer.
So, before jumping to the list of our top 10 heating pads, let us first understand how a heating pad works and how does it reduce inflammation.
10 Best Heating Pad To Reduce Inflammation
Heat therapy increases blood flow in the body and makes the connective tissues more flexible. Heat therapy also increases the extensibility of the inflamed tissue making it easier for them to extend and contract. This, in turn, increases the flow of blood to the affected area.
Chronic pain, especially in the neck or shoulder areas can be very hard to deal with. The good news is, we are here with the 10 best heating pads available in the market. Have a look!
1. Pure Enrichment Pure Relief XL King Size Heating Pad
As the name suggests, Pure Enrichment PureRelief XL king size heating pad provides a king-size comfort to your sore muscles. It is made up of plush microfibers and offers an ultra-soft heat therapy solution. A 20-minute usage increases the blood flow and reduces muscle spasms and body pain.
The most popular feature of this heating pad is that it comes with 6 different temperature settings and a thick cover which makes it easier to pack and carry wherever you want to.
Now, let’s check out a few pros and cons of PureRelief heating pad.
- It comes with a large pad with a wide coverage i.e. 20” * 24”.
- It has an extra-long foot cord which is around 9-foot.
- It automatically shuts off after 2 hours.
- The customer support team of PureRelief is supposedly one of the best teams and provides a worldwide service.
- The heat intensity of this pad is average.
- The heat distribution system is not balanced equally. You can feel the heat majorly in the center.
2. Sunbeam King-Size Microplush XpressHeat Heating Pad
The Sunbeam King-Size XpressHeat pad comes with a somewhat similar texture as that of PureRelief heating pad. It has a controller with a backlit LCD display. The controller is rounded in shape that makes it easier to hold. The Sunbeam XpressHeat heating pad has a unique fast-heat technology which allows you to feel the heat within 30 seconds. Let’s check out some pros and cons of this heating pad.
- It provides a soothing relief within 30 seconds.
- It has a soft, washable and micro plush pad.
- It has a digital controller with an LCD display.
- To auto-off the pad, you can select an optimum hour. This prevents excessive heating of the pad.
- The hand controller is made up of hard plastic and sometimes becomes very hot.
3. Sunbeam 732-500 King Size Heating Pad w ith UltraHeat Technology
The Sunbeam 732-500 King Size Heating pad with UltraHeat Technology is one of the amazing heating pads available. Its special UltraHeat technology penetrates deeply and increases the blood flows to sore areas. It provides faster healing and muscle relaxation. It has an auto-shut off feature and comes with 3 heat settings. Let’s check out some pros and cons of this product.
- The heating pad contains sponge which makes it usable with moist or dry heat.
- It has an easy slide controller.
- It is specially designed for Arthritis patients.
- It has a soft and washable cover.
- It comes with a 9-foot cord. You can relax and use it wherever you want to.
- The material of the cover of this pad is not that great and scrunches after every use.
4. Sunbeam Renue Contouring Neck and Shoulder Heating Pad
The Sunbeam Renue Contouring Neck and Shoulder Heating Pad targets pain relief for the back of your neck, head, and shoulder using the intensive heat therapy. The wrap is designed in such a way that it adjusts and moulds correctly around the contours of your neck. It contains 4 heat settings and an adjustable collar that fits snugly around your neck. Let’s check out some pros and cons of this heating pad.
- The size of the heating pad is apt and can be adjusted according to the size of your neck.
- It has a 2-hour auto off feature.
- It is made up of a soft micro mink cover which can be washed in machine.
- Some users complain of a smell that comes after some time.
5. Pure Enrichment Pure Relief Neck and Shoulder Heating Pad
The Pure Enrichment PureRelief Neck & Shoulder heating pad is perfectly designed to relieve the tensions in the muscles in the neck and shoulder area. The built-in magnetic closures are designed to stay intact throughout. A 20 minutes usage per day is more than enough to relieve the pain and muscle spasms. Some of the pros and cons of this heating pad are as follows:
- The pad drapes around your neck and shoulder perfectly.
- It has a 2-hour auto shut-off feature that is meant to conserve energy.
- The pad heats up in merely 30 seconds.
- The micro plush fabric is convenient to use and can be machine-washed.
- The distribution of heat is effective but not distributed evenly.
6. My Heating Pad – Neck and Shoulder Wrap for Anxiety, Tension, Headache Relief-Microwavable & Reusable Hot Therapy Pack
My Heating pad is smartly designed to comfort your back, and neck portions. It consists of seven channels which help in distributing the heat evenly. It is made up of a soft fleece fabric on one side and cotton fabric on the other side. You can easily wrap it around your neck, or any body part where you desire to use it. Let’s check out some pros and cons of his heating pad.
- The heating pad is filled with rice and flaxseeds which helps in spreading the heat evenly.
- It fits perfectly around your neck and the shoulder.
- It eases the muscle spasms and neck pain within minutes.
- The warranty period is very less (1 year) when compared to other heating pads.
7. DONECO King Size Xpress Heat Heating Pad (12 x 24″)
DONECO King Size XpressHeat heating pad offers full-body relief within seconds. It helps to ease your stiff neck or aching back instantly. It comes with six different temperature settings along with an LCD controller. To conserve energy and prevent any heat burns, the heat patch comes with a 2-hour auto shut feature. Made up of super-soft micro plush material, it provides a long-lasting effect. Here are some pros and cons of this heating pad.
- It has a 120V power back up which helps in heating the cushion instantly.
- It provides a long-lasting effect.
- The material is machine washable.
- The product offers a 30 – day money back warranty. If you are not satisfied with its service, you can return it back.
8. Milliard Electric Therapy Heating Pad for Fast Pain Relief – Gray – 15in x 12in
The Milliard Electric Therapy Heating Pad offers the best way to ease away the stress and muscle spasms. The heating pad consists of internal heating coils that provide the apt amount of heat to relax the strained muscles. Its unique heat therapy stimulates the blood flow to the muscles and heals the damaged tissues. It has three different heat settings and an easy slide controller. Let’s check out some pros and cons of this heating pad.
- It has a super soft and fuzzy cover that can be easily washed in the machine.
- It is a great heating pad for athletes or arthritis patients.
- It provides years of satisfaction with proper usage.
- It doesn’t have an auto-shut facility.
9. Heating Pad by Vive
This extra-large electric pad offers a moist heat therapy to your back, shoulders, neck, and knee regions. It targets the specific area and then stimulates heat to help you relieve the pain. It consists of four different moist heat settings along with an easy digital controller. It is made up of soft micro plush fibers which are machine washable. Overall, this is a great product to buy. Let’s check out some pros and cons of this heating pad.
- It has a 2-hour auto shut off technology.
- The digital controller is easy to use.
- It has a long power cord.
- Even at the highest heat settings, it heats up at a mildly hot temperature.
10. Ultra Soft Heating Pad for Back and Shoulder, Fast Heating with Auto Shut Off
This is another highly rated heating pad designed especially for your shoulder and back. Its fast-heating feature stimulates blood and provides instant relief. Its premium pad can help you get rid of the stiffness in the muscles. You can either use it in dry heat setting or moist heat setting. Its extra large size can cover your back perfectly and gives you a comfortable experience. Let’s check out some pros and cons of this heating pad:
- It has a 2-hour auto shut off technology.
- It is easy to maintain and can be machine washed.
- It has three heat settings.
- On higher heat settings, it emits some smell.
How to Choose A Heating Pad?
Heating pad proves out to be an excellent support for those who suffer from constant swelling in the muscles, inflammation, and body pains. The heating pad uses heat to warm up the affected area and then boosts the blood flow. This, in turn, relieves the pain.
There are two types of heating pads available in the market. They are as follows:
1. Electric pad:
The electrical heat pads heat up using electricity as the source. All you have to do is plug it in and let it heat till it reaches the suitable temperature and then place it to the affected area.
2. Chemical Pad:
Chemical pads get heated up when you put boiling water in it. It is not that convenient when compared to an electric heating pad.
If you are wondering what kind of heating pad you should buy, here are some tried and tested tips:
- Choose a heating pad that comes in a suitable size. If you have constant back pain, you should buy an extra-large one. While selecting the cord, go ahead with an extra-lono cord.
- Always make sure that the fabric is soft with suitable material. It should be easily washable.
How Long Should You Lay On A Heating Pad?
Once you start seeing the positive effects of heat therapy, you would want to use it forever. But, it’s a very wrong practice. It is suggested that you must use the heating pad for around 15-20 minutes at one-go at an optimum temperature and not more than that.
Do Heat Pads Work For Back Pain?
The heat therapy works very well for back pain. However, if you wish to choose a heating pad for back pain, select extra-large padding so that it fits perfectly.
Can You Sleep With A Heating Pad?
With the warmth and comfort it provides, it is possible that you might sleep with it. On the contrary, it is not a good habit to sleep with a heating pad. This is why the new and advanced heating pads come with an auto shut technology which shuts off after a while.
Is Heat Good For Nerve Pain?
Heat dilates the blood vessels and increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the damaged tissues and relieve nerve pain. It increases flexibility and overall feeling of comfort.
A heating pad is a great invention to get rid of body pains. Our list of best heating pads will help you select an appropriate heating pad as per your needs. Keep it handy, and this will take away all your worries. Good luck!