Hiking is undoubtedly a great fun activity. Walking or hiking along with a walking stick can add more fun to your adventure. Along with this, it can also give you an extra point of stability. This stability is much required in unstable or slippery terrains.
If you are worried about carrying the sticks throughout your trip will be a difficult task, then worry not. Keeping your convenience in mind, there are foldable walking sticks available in the market.
These foldable walking sticks are very handy and can be kept anywhere with your luggage. Modern sticks are made up of aluminum as it is considered that they provide grip and are comfortable to use.
The 10 Best Trekking Poles for Hiking
The TrailBuddy Trekking Poles are aluminum trekking poles that are not only strong but also lightweight. They are several ounces lighter than the aluminum poles from other brands. The walking stick by TrailBuddy is made up using a special blend of aluminum that wins over the brittle carbon. You can either hammer it or generally beat it around without worrying that it will break.
The TrailBuddy poles can be easily disassembled down to 21 inches to fit properly in a backpack or your suitcase. It works on securing your foot on wobbly ground, creek crossings, or steep loose terrains. While you are walking on long downhill stretches, you can simply lean on the pole and it will take the pressure and pain off your knees and legs.
- The TrailBuddy Trekking Poles are tougher than carbon fiber.
- It is a lightweight walking stick that weighs only 4 ounces.
- It is very easy to change the height of the poles from 25.5 to 54 inches using the lever locks.
- The cork handles are comfortable to use in all the weather conditions.
- It is available in multiple colors and comes along with a carrying bag, a pair of connectors, mud baskets, and snow baskets.
The BAFX Hiking Poles are another great addition to its hiking gear collection. It is a perfect fit for beginners as well as experts both. And the best part about these hiking poles is it offers all the features that you expect from a hiking stick at an affordable price. It lets you hit the trails and explore places that you never thought were possible.
The walking stick comes with different top options for different hiking conditions. Thus, you can switch as per the requirement of the terrain. It has mud baskets to help you prevent the pole from sinking into the mud or sand. These hiking sticks also incorporate a special anti-shock feature. It has an internal spring which helps to reduce the sharp jolt that travels through the pole every time it hits the ground.
- It is a great option for everyone – beginner, expert, short, or tall.
- It is comfortable to use as it offers an ergonomic grip.
- It is lightweight and durable. The stick weighs around 12.4 ounces.
- The pole comes with 2 rubber tips, 2 spares, a carbide tip, and 2 mud baskets.
- It offers an anti-shock feature to add more comfort to your experience.
The Foxelli Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles are designed to provide maximum comfort and safety to its users on all the terrains. These exceptional quality hiking sticks are built to last longer with its durable construction. The hiking stick offers ergonomic features to provide maximum comfort and safety to the hikers.
The pole features anti-slip cork grips that absorb sweat and keep your hands dry and cool even during the rainy season. The pole also has extra padding that provides required air ventilation and has adjustable wrist straps. The extended foam sleeve of the pole is made up of EVA foam so that it can handle switchbacks and abrupt terrain changes.
- The poles have thermoplastic rubber tips that prevent snagging and loss in snow or mud.
- It lets you move faster and further with minimum efforts.
- It is a perfect hiking stick for both short and tall people.
- Its main goal is to provide supreme comfort to all its users.
- It can be used in all the weather conditions and all types of terrains.
- If you are unhappy with the product, you can always return it as the brand offers a 30-day return policy.
The Hiker Hunger Trekking Poles are the strongest, lightest, and most portable poles available in the market. These gears are just perfect to carry to your next backpacking tour, mid-winter expedition or far-flung adventure.
To provide the best experience to its users, the manufacturers focus on offering an ergonomic cork grip that is not only comfortable but also moisture-wicking. The grip that it offers lets the band fit in your palm like gloves. This helps in minimizing the discomfort that can be caused by neoprene grips. It also includes nonslip EVA foam grip extensions underneath the cork for quick choke-ups on steep terrains.
- They are ultra-light and weigh only 7.6 ounces.
- The poles are made up of 100% Carbon Fiber which makes them the strongest and the lightest poles in the market.
- The Carbon Fiber also acts as a natural anti-shock material.
- Its quick-flip lock makes it easier for you to use as this makes the pole completely collapsible.
- It is built to last longer and can be used on all types of terrains.
- It comes with a warranty of 1 year and a 30-day return policy.
A trekking pole must be simple to use and provide optimum support to the hikers. No matter whether you are walking on a flat surface or an uncertain terrain, a good trekking pole must provide stability, relieve pressure from your body, and help you maintain a consistent rhythm to increase your speed. The trekking pole by Cascade Mountain offers all these qualities.
These trekking poles help you reduce the impact over time and prolong your body’s capability. It offers an easy and quick-lock mechanism that helps you make sure that the locks are firmly secured. The poles come in both EVA foam and cork grip options. To enhance the support feature, you can add an additional 4 sets of tip covers to the tungsten carbide tips.
- The trekking poles are made up of 100% carbon fiber.
- They are user-friendly for beginners and strong enough for thru-hikers.
- The poles are light in weight and weigh only 7.8 ounces.
- They are compact in shape.
- They are easy to use and provide a comfortable cork grip.
- The poles include tungsten carbide tips along with adjustable wrist straps.
- The kit includes a snow basket, boots, and small rubber feet.
The Koviti Trekking Poles are collapsible aluminum hiking poles that collapse down to almost 33.7 cm i.e. 13.3 inches. Whenever it is not in use, you can fold it up in a small size. The pole is so light in weight that it can fit in any suitcase or backpack. It is a perfect fit for short as well as tall people and can be used by both men and women. Even kids can use these poles without any worries.
These trekking poles are designed especially for cost-conscious backpackers and campers. They have been created for efficiency and prevent any harm to your body by enhancing your stability and support on all types of terrain. They are light in weight and work on delivering maximum strength to the hikers. Neither do they bend, crack, or break. Since the poles are foldable, you can simply fold them and fit in your backpack or your luggage bag.
- It is a multipurpose pole that can be very helpful to up your trekking game.
- The poles are made up of tough 7075 aluminum that can withstand pressure and impact better than carbon fiber.
- The poles are collapsible and light enough to fit in any backpack or suitcase.
- Its ergonomic EVA foam handle and adjustable wrist straps help in providing more support and reduce chafing.
- The handles are sweat-absorbent, comfortable, and sturdier than other cork handles.
- The poles are great for all the weather conditions and terrains.
The RikkiTikki Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles are retractable and lightweight hiking sticks that are perfect for any hiking adventure. They weigh only 7.8 ounces and thus, are very easy to pack and carry around. The clamps that are present in the poles are very easy to use. These are most helpful when the weather is bad, and the poles become wet and slippery. The cork grips help in resisting the moisture and prevents you from having sweaty hands and palm.
The best part about these walking sticks is along with the trekking pole, they act as selfie sticks too. It offers a 360-degree rotational cell phone holder that works with a Bluetooth Remote Selfie Shutter. This holder is compatible with iPhone, Android, and all other smartphones.
- It is an ultra-light hiking pole and weighs only and weighs only 7.8 ounces.
- It offers a quick-lock feature and is very easy to use.
- The cork grips help in resisting moisture from sweaty hands.
- It is a two-in-one selfie stick cum trekking pole.
- The pole tips and baskets are compatible with all kinds of outdoor activities.
- The walking sticks are collapsible and can be adjusted to any height.
- It is suitable for both men and women.
The TREKOLOGY Trekking Poles are both stylish and sturdy. It is a perfect pole for day hikes or longer hikes. They work on reducing the impact on ankles and knees by as much as 30%. Whether you are going for a hike for a day or more, these poles will help you improve your endurance and balance.
The poles are designed using the customers and their comfort in mind. They are made up of a combination of strong aluminum 7075 construction. It also offers soft wrist straps along with an adjustable cork. It also has EVA foam grips with extended soft handles and a quick-release metal lever lock mechanism. These help in creating a comfortable hiking experience.
- It is a lightweight hiking stick that weighs only 4 ounces.
- It is made up of aluminum 7075 that makes it even more sturdy.
- It supports heavyweights even in rough terrains.
- It is a sturdy walking stick that has been built to last longer.
- It has a metal flip lock that makes it easier to adjust than twist locks.
- These metal flip locks are sturdier than plastic flip-lock.
- The EVA foam handles are comfortable to use in both hot and cold temperatures.
- The adjustable strap help in holding the poles in place to reduce efforts.
The Paria Outdoor Trekking Poles offer a new and improved design. These hiking poles feature real cork handles along with replaceable carbide tungsten tips. These tips are paired with super-strong carbon fiber shafts and aluminum alloy connectors. In short, it forms an incredible and durable package that delivers the best performance.
The poles are adjustable and can be adjusted from 100 cm to 120 cm or 115 cm using a single flick-lock. Thus, you can adjust the length as per your convenience. It offers a unique folding design that packs down to less than 15 inches in length. This makes the poles a perfect choice for travelers or backpackers.
- It offers a new and improved design.
- The poles are adjustable and compact.
- The assembly process is also very simple and hardly takes a few seconds.
- It is very comfortable to use.
- It offers a lifetime warranty on all its gears.
The Starlight Mountain Outfitters Trekking Poles offer rugged look to the travelers. The poles provide a perfect fit with an expandable pole design. It is very easy to use and the friction locks that are present over the poles help in providing a secure hold at the desired height.
- It is a lightweight hiking pole that weighs only 6.8 ounces.
- The poles provide infinite adjustability from 24 inches to 54 inches.
- It offers a neutral cork grip along with non-slip EVA foam grip extensions.
- You get a set of snow baskets, a set of fitness tips that provide traction on hard surfaces, and a set of cane tips along with the poles.
These were our top picks for the best foldable walking sticks available in the market. We hope these reviews will help you find the best one for your next trip.
Why Do Hikers Use Walking Sticks?
The walking sticks help in reducing the impact of hiking or walking on leg muscles and knee joints. It allows proper blood circulation too. When you walk with a walking stick, your body tends to develop a rhythm automatically and this leads to a relaxed and regular breathing pattern. It also helps in increasing the stamina of the body.