9 Best Electric Tankless Water HeaterBy publisher on June 9, 2020
What can be worse than you getting up late for office and realize that there’s no hot water in the shower because the person who used the shower before you, used it? By the time your tank is full again, and you get hot water to shower, it’s already very late. Very frustrating, right?
And what about the process of cooling and re-heating the water multiple times a day while no one is home? It does nothing but adds a big hole in your pocket by wasting so much energy and running up the utility bill. To end all your worries, there’s a device in the market called a tankless water heater. It addresses both your issues – provides you with endless hot water and go low on your electricity bill.
Let’s have a look at the best electric tankless water heaters!
9 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
1. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The EcoSmart ECO Electric Tankless Water Heater is one of the best heaters with the best GPM flow rates. The unit is sufficient enough to provide hot water to an entire house at a time and can heat up to three gallons of water per minute. It can also handle up to two showers running at the same time. It is made up of copper and stainless-steel components which ensures the efficiency and the durability of the product. It looks stylish with a sleek and compact design. The device allows you to save up to 50% on water heating costs with patented self-modulating technology. It also allows you to set the temperature in increments of 1 degree in between 80°F – 140°F. If you are looking for a powerful yet compact water heater, this is the one for you.
Let’s check out some other features of this water heater.
- It is one of the most powerful tankless water heaters.
- It allows advanced flow control and many other enhanced features.
- It is compact in size and thus, fits anywhere and everywhere.
- It is a silent device and doesn’t produce any unnecessary sounds.
- It has no mechanical switches.
- It offers a maximum output of 6GPM.
- It offers a lifetime warranty.
- It is a bit expensive when compared to other heaters.
- Even though the design is compact, some users don’t like the design.
2. Stiebel Eltron 224199 240V
The Stiebel Eltron’s Tempra 24 Plus is another widely used tankless water heater in the market. It is best known for the flow rate that it offers. You can raise the temperature up to 50F at 4 GPM, and by a very good margin, it offers the best performance when compared to other similar products. The best part about this water heater is it provides a maximum output at a very affordable price. It also allows advanced flow control which helps you limit the amount of flow. This helps in saving a lot of water. If you are looking for the best tankless water heater, don’t mind spending a bit extra as the performance is guaranteed.
Let’s check out some other features of this tankless water heater.
- It is a powerful water heater.
- It allows advanced flow control which helps in saving a lot of energy.
- It has a compact design.
- It is a silent device.
- The installation process doesn’t require any venting. This is a rare thing when it comes to water heaters. Thus, it is a plus point.
- It is an auto-modulating unit.
- It offers a maximum output of 4 GPM.
- It allows Eco Mode for your water heater.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Even though it is powerful, it cannot provide hot water to your entire house. Thus, you will have to install one unit in each room.
- The design doesn’t look that elegant.
3. Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater
The Rheem Tankless Water Heater is the leader in the industry of water heaters. It is a very commercial top-end model that provides the best value. The unit has been in the market for around a decade and thus, you get most of the premium features at an affordable price. Even though the brand claims that it offers an output of 4.4 GPM, as per our testing with cold water, it offers an output of 3.5 GPM, which is again, not bad at all. It is a sufficient flow rate to provide hot water to a room. In short, it offers great value at an affordable price. Let’s check out some other features of this tankless water heater.
- It is one of the leading brands in the industry of hot water heaters.
- It offers a great warranty period.
- It offers a flow rate of 3-3.5 GPM.
- It offers energy efficiency of 99.6%.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- It has a unique design.
- It offers you maximum control over the temperature, and you can adjust it by increments of 1-degree F.
- It is made up of durable elements.
- The installation process is very easy.
- In case of any damage, it offers an easy replacement policy.
- The device is not compact and is a bit bulky.
- It makes some noise (although it is not very loud).
- You cannot use it for the entire house or multiple showers at a time.
4. Sio Green IR260 POU Electric Tankless Water Heater
Thanks to the innovative technology, the Sio Green IR260 tankless water heater is a maintenance-free water heater. If you get hard water at your house, this is the perfect water heater for you as it is made up of non-metallic materials. This helps in the development of limescale in the heater. This is the only brand that offers this corrosion-free feature. It is best suitable for warm climates where you don’t need very hot water. It is made up of special Infrared technology. Since this is a relatively new feature in water heater units, there is a lot of scope for improvement. Let’s check out some other features of this unit.
- It is made up of non-metallic materials which make the unit corrosion-free.
- It is a maintenance-free device because it is non-rustic.
- It is designed beautifully and is compact in shape.
- It is made up of Infrared technology.
- The device is 99% energy efficient.
- It is easy to install.
- The thermocouple temperature monitor ensures a constant output temperature.
- It is not as powerful as other devices at the same price.
- It is a bit expensive.
- It is not an ideal device to provide hot water to the entire house.
- It offers a low flow rate.
5. Atmor AT-910-24TP ThermoPro 24 kW/240V 4.6 GPM Digital Tankless Electric Water Heater, Grey
The Atmor ThermoPro is a new brand when it comes to tankless water heaters. Even though it is new, the unit makes sure that it provides you safety along with the hot water. The unit holds IP54 certification, and you can install it easily near the sink or a shower. It is an energy efficient device and provides hot water only on-demand. Thus, it can help you save 50% energy when compared to a regular water heater. It also features a digital panel which shows the temperature. The device is best suitable for a colder climate with a very good flow rate of 4.2 GPM – 4.6 GPM. Let’s check out some other features of this tankless water heater.
- It is easy to install and easy to use.
- It offers a good flow rate.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- It is made up of Smart Flow Technology which offers an endless amount of hot water at a constant output temperature.
- You can change the temperature in increments of 1-degree Fahrenheit.
- It is a powerful device.
- You cannot use it for the entire household.
- It is not compact and is on a bulky side.
6. Thermoflow Elex 24 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Thermoflow Elex 24 Electric Tankless Water Heater is an eco-friendly water heater with a sleek and modern design. It is very light in weight and weighs only 8.4 lbs. You can even accommodate this unit in a bathtub or a jacuzzi. This environmentally friendly water heater is very easy to install and requires no venting. It can help you save a lot of water heating cost and offers a flow rate of 3 gallons per minute. It also offers an activation flow of 0.6. It is an energy saving device which can be used for a long time. Let’s check out some other features of this device.
- It has a backlit display.
- It is an eco-friendly device.
- You can adjust the temperature of water in one-degree increments.
- It is a compact device with a sleek design.
- It is a lightweight device.
- It is energy efficient and helps you save 50% on water heating cost.
- It is a reasonably priced device.
- It provides a stable output temperature.
- It offers a self-modulating model.
- When compared to other devices at the same price, it offers a lower flow rate.
- It is not designed for larger households.
7. WiseWater Tankless Hot Water Heater Electric
As the name suggests, the WiseWater Tankless Hot Water is a wise option when it comes to electric water heaters. It is easy to operate and comes at an affordable price. Unlike regular water heaters, this heater helps you save a lot on energy and the electricity bill. This mini device is easy to install and can fit in anywhere. It has an automatic memory feature that stores the past settings and prevents you from the hassle of setting the required temperature every time. Let’s check out some other features of this device.
- It is very easy to install.
- The operation part is easy, and you can adjust the temperature easily.
- It has an automatic memory feature.
- It has a splash-proof ABS casing. Thus, you can install it anywhere.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- It offers hot water at a consistent temperature.
- It is environment-friendly.
- It offers a low GPM comparatively.
8. Titan N-120 Tankless Water Heater, 220 V, 54 Max Amps
The Titan N-120 Tankless Water Heater is a mini device. This doesn’t mean that it is any less than other devices. It is one of the most powerful tankless water heaters and offers a flow rate of 4 GPM. With a 10-year warranty, it one of the most durable products. Let’s check some other features of this unit.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It is cheaper than other devices offering similar features.
- It is a compact device.
- It offers a great flow rate.
- It offers an extended warranty period.
- It offers a consistent output.
- The inlet water requirement is very high. Thus, it is not suitable for the freezing climate.
9. Dltsli Electric Hot Tankless Water Heater
The Instant Electric Water Heater by Dltsli is a mini water heater with three power levels. It offers ten power settings per level. It is a perfect water heater if you live in a small apartment because it provides sufficient water level for the usage of two people. The mini device has an LCD with touch control. It also allows you to control the temperature as per your requirement in a 1-degree increment. Let us check some other features of this water heater.
- It is a durable device and made up of durable materials.
- It offers a constant output at a constant temperature.
- It is pollution-free.
- It offers a leakage prevention feature.
- It has an LCD display which allows you to control the temperature.
- It offers a low GPM.
- It is a bit costly for the features that it offers.
How to Select the Right Size Tankless Water Heater?
When it comes to purchasing a water heater, it is very important to select the right size. You must always check the flow rate the water heater provides. Any device which offers a flow rate between 3.5 GPM to 6 GPM is a great option. Another factor that matters is your usage. If you need a continuous supply of water, you can even go for options that offer more gallons of hot water per minute.
Is an electric tankless water heater worth it?
Even though the initial set up costs can be a bit high, the tankless water heaters save a lot of money in the long run. They save space and provide you with a longer warranty period.
Can a tankless water heater fill a tub?
The tankless water heater provides an endless amount of water at a constant output temperature. Thus, you can easily fill a tub with the help of these water heaters.
Do you really save money with a tankless water heater?
Yes, you do save a lot of money with a tankless water heater at your home. Even though they are a bit costly, they help you save money in the long run as it helps you save a lot in the electricity bills. These devices are very light on maintenance. This is an advantage too. The best part about them is they offer a great warranty period. Thus, it is a one-time investment.
How long do tankless water heaters last?
Tankless water heaters last for a very long time. They are actually a one-time investment, and most devices come with a lifetime warranty.
Buying an electric water heater can take away all your worries of hot water, no matter what season it is. They provide a good flow rate and a constant output. We recommend you to buy the best one that you can use for a lifetime.