Car Camping is on the rise these days. If you prefer traveling to your campsites, you must definitely invest in a good car tent as it can double the joy of your exciting tour. These tents are spacious and look stunning.
Even if you have the best weekend plan, a failed tent is capable of crumbling all your plans. With so much advancement in tent-tech like toilet paper and sand, it can become a difficult task to select the right one.
To help you buy the best car camping tent, we have shortlisted and reviewed five best products for you.
5 Best Car Camping Tents
1.Napier Sportz Cove 61000 SUV Tent
The Napier Sportz Cove 61000 SUV Tent is a perfect compact travel accessory. It is lightweight and fits perfectly at the back of your CUV or SUV. It provides the right amount of shade and shelter during those warm summer days. It is a perfect car tent for beach trips, fishing, picnics, and bonfires. The 61000 model of Napier Sportz Cove fits most SUVs and CUVs that are small and mid-sized. Some of the best features of this tent are as follows:
- It is designed to fit all SUVs and CUVs for a custom fit.
- It provides ultimate shade and shelter from the sun.
- It has a mesh screen door which offers a bug-free view.
- It is lightweight and comes with a storage bag.
- It has a built-in storm flap which provides additional protection during harsh weather conditions.
One of the issues that you might face this tent is it cannot be attached to large SUVs. Also, you will have to buy the footprint separately.
2. Explorer 2 SUV and Minivan Tent
If you are looking for a cheaper option, you might like to consider buying Explorer 2 SUV and Minivan Tent by DAC. The tent provides an easy set up as it has bungee cords with plastic coated hooks. These hooks can be easily attached to the underframe of your car. The tent provides proper ventilation as it has outer door panels. These panels are foldable and can be tied wherever you wish to. Some of the best features of this car camping tent are as follows:
- It is one of the most durable car camping tents.
- It is impervious to water, mildew, and fire as it is made up of heavy-duty polyester.
- The tent is effective enough to keep the creepy crawlers away from your reach.
- The outer door panels allow you to enjoy both protection and privacy.
- It is very easy to set up the device.
The tent gives you the freedom to use other camping accessories, including lantern lights and battery-operated fan.
It offers a no-see-um insect screen.
The only issue that few customers complaint of is they feel claustrophobic inside as the material is not very breathable.
3. Mid-Size Truck Camper Tent
The Mid-Size Truck Camper Tent by DAC is a great car camping net that lets you enjoy your camping without worrying about the creepy crawlers. It fits most SUVs and sport utility vehicles. The camper tent can be a great companion while camping, tailgating, scout campouts, and fishing.
Some of the best features of this camping tent are as follows:
- The setup process is very easy and takes less than five minutes to assemble.
- You get a bungee cord with plastic coated hooks. These hooks can be attached to the underframe of the vehicle.
- You also get a no-see-um insect screen which keeps the creepy crawlers away from you.
- To provide maximum ventilation, it has door panels.
- For maximum protection and privacy, you can close the zip.
- It is a lightweight tent and comes with a storage bag.
- To provide easy entry inside the tent, it offers two-way zipper.
One of the cons of the Mid-Size Truck Camper Tent is it does not fit vehicles with an external spare tire mounted on the rear side of the vehicle.
4. Rightline Gear SUV Tent, Sleeps Up to 6, Universal Fit
The Rightline Gear SUV Tent is a premium-quality car camping tent and can give a great competition to great brands, including the tents by Napier. The tent comes in a modern design and follows a simple strap attach system. This helps in making the tent very spacious so that more than four people can fit in. The Rightline Gear SUV Tent is also one of the top-selling products in the market.
Some of the best features of the car camping tent are as follows:
- It is compatible with most of the cars that have hatch/barn doors.
- The setup process is very easy and includes less complicated steps.
- The tent is very versatile.
- It offers multiple features, including large storage pockets and PE floor.
- It has glow zippers that make things convenient for you in the darkness.
- It offers a spacious room for sleeping in the night.
When it comes to all the features, this tent offers the best of them, but if you compare them with other tents, the tent by Rightline Gear is a bit costly.
5. Backroadz SUV Tent by Napier
The Backroadz SUV Tent by Napier offers a host of top-quality features. The model is huge and can easily accommodate 5-6 people. It is a spacious 10’ x 10’ tent that provides over 7’ of headroom. It offers a universal vehicle sleeve that fits all the universal vehicle sleeves, including SUVs, CUVs, and Minivans.
Some of the best features of this tent are as follows:
- It is very spacious.
- It has easily adjustable straps which ensure a watertight and bug-free fit.
- It offers built-in storm flaps which provide privacy and weather protection.
- The setup process is very simple.
The only disadvantage of this tent is you will have to buy a footprint separately.
A good quality tent lasts for a very long time, offers multiple features and better protection while you are camping outside. We hope these reviews help you find the best car camping tent for your next adventure.