The digital world has no doubt made our lives much more easier. With the help of computers or smartphones, everything is just a click away. But, along with so many positives, there are some downsides of this technology too. It has taken a toll on your health without even you realize that there’s something wrong happening in your body. The blue light that these gadgets emit creates a lot of strain in your eyes. This leads to making you feel tired all the time, and it also interferes with the sleep pattern. And thus, the chain goes on.
Studies suggest that you can get rid of all these health issues with the help of glasses that block these blue lights and thus, save you from all the other side effects.
If you are planning to give these blue light blocking glasses a shot, here’s a guide on how these glasses are useful and what are the best available option along with the pros and cons of each option. Let’s have a look!
Do blue light glasses really work?
According to the surveys and research, blue light glasses are very effective at blocking the harmful light that can cause damage to your eyes and health.
What does blue light do to your eyes?
Too much exposure to blue light can cause damage to the light-sensitive cells present in the retina. This, in turn, might lead to permanent loss vision by increasing the risk of macular degeneration.
Blue light also contributes to eye strain. If you had cataract surgery in the past, then direct exposure of blue light to your eyes can turn out to be very dangerous.
14 Best Blue Light Blocking Glasses
To help you with the side effects of blue light, here are some of the best blue light blocking glasses available.
1. Swannies Blue Light Blocking
If you are an avid reader and if you are one of those who has a habit of reading for some time before sleeping, you must give the Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses a shot. According to the brand, if you wear these glasses for 90 minutes while watching TV or reading on your Kindle or tablet before sleeping, it will help you sleep more soundly. It is also helpful with the sore eyes and headaches that are associated with the screen time.
Along with helping you with the health issues, the glasses look fashionable to wear too. They are made well and are comfortable to use. Let’s check out some other features of these glasses.
- The frame is designed to suit all the face shapes.
- There are many sizing options available for men, women, and children.
- These glasses are FDA registered.
- It has a strong blue light blocking capacity.
- It is so good at its job that most users and biohackers endorse it.
- Not all the users like its frame styling pattern.
- It doesn’t have wrap around lenses. Thus, it doesn’t block light from all the angles.
- The color of the lens is too dark to wear during the day time. It is a good pick for evening wear.
2. ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Glasses for Computer Use
Do you find trouble falling asleep and do you usually wake up feeling tired following a severe headache? If yes, you must consider your daily screen timing. Spending a lot of time on screen can cause all these issues, and this is when the ANNRI Blue Light Blocking Glasses come to the rescue.
These glasses are designed especially for those people who are suffering from eye strain, dry eyes, headaches, and other symptoms that are usually caused because of spending too much time on the screen. To help you with these symptoms, ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Glass is designed in such a way that it will solve all your troubles. Let’s have a look at more features of these glasses.
- They are highly effective.
- The performance is worth the value.
- The lens of the glasses is highly tinted. This helps in giving you the view the same as a normal lens without distorting the original colors and still blocking the blue light.
- The size of the frame is perfect and covers the field of vision.
- It is comfortable to wear.
- The kit includes a soft fabric, a protective case, and a testing kit to make sure the glass is blocking blue light.
- The frame is easily prone to dirt and dust. However, you can clean it using the cloth that is provided in the kit.
- The material of the frame doesn’t look very durable.
3. Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses by WealthyShades
The Blue Light Blocking Glass by WealthyShades promises you to offer superior protection from blue light. The lens is made up of multiple layers of FDA approved blue light filter coating, both inside and outside. It also has an additional coating which blocks UV Light. Get rid of all the screen time-related issues and sleep better with these glasses by WealthyShades. Let’s check out some other features of this glass.
- The lenses are anti-scratch.
- They are anti-glare and anti-reflective.
- They are light in weight but high on quality.
- It uses a low color distortion lens and maintains a perfect balance between the viewing quality and eye protection.
- The light filter coating is approved by the FDA.
- The lens helps you have a sound sleep and get rid of insomnia.
- They look stylish and are very comfortable to wear.
- The lens is made up of polycarbonate material which prevents scratches.
- The lens is slightly tinted.
- The glasses are simple and effective.
- The frames don’t look great on people with wider faces.
- The lens gets smudgy easily.
4. CGID CT12 Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The CGID CT12 Blue Light Blocking Glasses are one of the highly recommended brands. They help in blocking 90% of high energy blue light, thereby providing maximum protection to your eyes. The glasses meet all the quality standards and have passed the CE and FDA certification. Let’s have a look at some other features of this light blocking glass.
- It blocks up to 90% of the blue light coming from the digital devices causing minimal distortion.
- They are very convenient to use.
- It fits perfectly, and you can wear it comfortably even on the bed.
- It is totally safe, and you can wear it without any worries.
- It gives you a classy as well as trendy look at the same time.
- It prevents your eyes from watering and blurry vision.
- The lenses are slightly tinted.
- It offers UV protection too.
- The glasses are light in weight.
- Users complain that it doesn’t block the blue light from all the angles.
- Users also complain that it does not filter blue light properly.
5. UMIZATO Computer Gaming Glasses Blue Light Blocking Glass
UMIZATO Blue Light Blocking Glass is a famous computer and gaming glass which filters 30% of blue light which is emitted from the computer. This helps in improving sleep pattern and also reducing eye strain. The lenses offer high performance and are color-sensitive. Users love the design of the frame and usually buy it because it looks cool and serves the purpose of blocking blue light at the same time. The glasses intend to enhance the clarity in vision and focus. It also helps in preventing computer vision syndrome. Let’s check out some other features of this blue light glass.
- The lens of the glasses reduces color distortion which helps in reducing fatigue and eye strain.
- It also helps in reducing light sensitivity and dry eyes. Thus, it helps you sleep better.
- If you have migraine or headache issues, these glasses are the perfect solution for you.
- It is very light in weight, comfortable to wear, and looks stylish.
- The lenses are approved by the FDA.
- The lens is anti-reflective in nature.
- The lens is scratch resistant.
- It prevents harmful UV radiation.
- The glasses have no magnification.
- The package includes a hard-shell case and a microfiber cleaning cloth.
- It takes some time for your eyes to adjust to your eyes.
- It doesn’t look that great on people with a wider face.
- It is a bit expensive.
6. PROSPEK – Premium Computer Glasses
If you are looking for a glass which will help you with fine reading, then you must consider buying PROSPEK Computer Glasses as it offers few magnification strengths. The lenses are very clear and thus, doesn’t cause any color distortion. The glasses are so clear that you can start noticing the difference in vision within a few days. The best part about the PROSPEK Premium Glasses is you get a money back guarantee of 90-days if you don’t like it. Let’s check out some other features of these glasses.
- It helps in reducing eye strain and eye fatigue caused due to the digital screen.
- If your eyes are sensitive to lights, this is the best reading glass for you.
- It works with all the screen types and helps in reducing the harmful effects caused due to blue light.
- It helps you sleep better.
- It also helps you with fluorescent lights.
- Unlike other lenses, it doesn’t change screen colors.
- It offers a money back guarantee of 90-days.
- The lens comes with a patented multi-layer coating to reduce the glare.
- This coating also provides anti-UV and anti-fog specialty.
- The frame is light in weight and very comfortable to wear.
- The Acetate frame is extremely durable.
- The PROSPEK glasses block 50% of the blue light from electronic gadgets.
- It is a great product at an affordable price.
- It has a yellow tint which some people don’t like.
7. Cyxus Blue Light Filter Computer Glasses
The Cyxus Computer Glass is another favorite of the gamers. It provides extra protection against UV 400 and ultraviolet radiation. While there are many other brands that provide blue light blockage functionality with coloured lenses, the lens of these glasses is better than others and provide clear vision. They are anti-reflective in nature and hardly change the color of the games. The best part about these glasses is they are shock-proof, weather-proof and has a lifetime warranty. Let’s check out some other features of these blue light blocking glasses.
- The glasses look very stylish and are comfortable to wear.
- It does the job perfectly by blocking the blue light from all the angles.
- It is shock-proof and weather-proof.
- It protects your eyes from harmful UV light too.
- They are not highly tinted. Thus, they do not alter color perception.
- Wearing it for some hours is very effective in taking all your worries away that is caused due to digital strain.
- It has a transparent lens.
- It offers a lifetime warranty and also has a great customer support team.
- They look a bit large on the face.
8. Livhò Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses
The Livhò Blue Light Blocking Glasses is a very famous brand when it comes to blocking blue light from digital devices and screens. The lenses alleviate the visual fatigue and discomfort caused to the eyes due to spending a lot of time on screen. With the help of these glasses, you will no longer have to worry about blurry vision, fatigue, and a constant headache. Let’s check out some other features of these glasses.
- The lens is light in weight.
- It is made up of premium quality material.
- It protects your eyes and reduces eye-straining.
- It blocks high-energy blue light.
- The glasses are less reflective. Thus, there’s no change in color.
- It doesn’t fit properly on wide faces.
9. LifeArt Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The Life Art Blue Light Blocking Glass helps in improving your digital life by blocking the blue light and other UV light from entering your eyes. The lenses are transparent and reduce color distortion. The frame has a stylish look and looks great on both men and women. Let’s check out some features of these blue light blocking glasses.
- It offers UV light prevention.
- It reduces color distortion.
- The lenses are anti-scratch and anti-reflective.
- They are anti-glare and anti-dust.
- It helps you with the symptoms of eye fatigue.
- It helps you sleep better and reduces headache too.
- They are a bit highly tinted.
10. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
J+S Vision Blue Light Blocking Glass is a great glass which you can wear the whole day long. It comes in a variety of colors and shapes giving you many options to pick from. The brand promises to block 90% of the blue light coming from all the electronic devices. Let’s check out some pros and cons of these gaming glasses.
- The lenses are light-colored.
- It has a traditional frame style.
- It blocks almost 90% of the blue light.
- The frame looks sleek and is comfortable to wear.
- It offers low color distortion.
- It reduces glare.
- The lenses are durable.
- They are expensive.
11. TRUST OPTICS Lightweight Anti Harmful Blue Light Glasses
The TRUST OPTICS Blue Light Blocking Glass is a very useful and effective glass when it comes to blocking harmful blue light. The frame and the lens both are made up of plastic making it very convenient to use. You will no longer have to worry about using the glass with the utmost care. The lens is non-polarized. The Amber-tinted lens features BlueGuard technology which helps in reducing the amount of blue light entering your eyes. It also features UV400 sunlight-blocking protection and anti-glare feature. Let’s check out some other features of this glass.
- The frame and lens are made up of plastic. Thus, it is durable.
- The lens is Amber-tinted which helps in blocking blue light.
- It helps in reducing headache and blurry vision.
- It also helps with dry eyes.
- It is anti-glare and provides UV rays protection.
- The frame is durable with a classic design.
- For close viewing, it has magnification lenses.
- It has a great customer support team.
- It offers a money-back guarantee of 90 days.
- The lens is tinted in yellow color.
- It doesn’t look trendy.
12. GAMMA RAY 007 Harmful Blue Light Eye Strain Protection Video Gaming Glasses
The GAMMA RAY 007 Blue Light Blocking Glass is one of the most favorite glasses of Amazon users. The glass and the lens are made up of a plastic material which makes it flexible to use and durable at the same time. It is very light in weight and offers a comfortable fit. It has a traditional frame style with orange lens. This makes it unique and different from other glasses.
Let’s check out some pros and cons of this blue light blocking glass.
- It is lightweight and weighs only 22 grams.
- It is flexible and durable.
- It provides you a lifetime breakage warranty.
- The glasses feature amber lenses and offer a comfortable fit.
- Users say that it helped them in significantly reducing headache and eye-straining.
- It also prevents eye dryness and some other symptoms associated with screen timing.
- Users love it for the quality, good looks, and great value.
- The frame style is unisex.
- The frames are TX-compatible. Thus, you can customize it according to your power.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Though the orange lens looks trendy, not many people find it cool.
13. Klim OTG Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The KLIM OTG Blue Light Blocking Glass is one of the latest brands which has become quite famous, especially amongst the gamers. It protects your eyes from harmful radiations that the bright screen emits. These lights are very harmful to naked eyes and can leave short term or long-term effects.
Insomnia is one of the worst disadvantages that it can cause. The glasses are very light in weight and very comfortable to wear. The frame is made up of premium material and thus, is one high-end glasses available in the market. Let’s check out some other features of these reading glasses.
- It is a premium end product which makes sure to take care of your eyes and health.
- It helps in improving your sleep by reducing straining of the eyes.
- The glasses help you become more productive as it takes away fatigue and headache issues.
- It filters 86% of the blue light.
- The glass is made up of robust material but is still light in weight. It weighs only 15 grams.
- It is a convenient glass at an affordable price.
- It looks very stylish.
- The glasses magnify your vision slightly. Users don’t really prefer magnified vision.
These were our top picks of blue light blocking glasses. We hope these reviews help you find the best one for you.