6 Best Bass Amps Under $300August 14, 2020
If you are a music enthusiast and are into bass playing, this article is for you! We have put down a list of great bass amplifiers that work amazingly and come at a very affordable price too!
Being a bass player you must be looking for an amp that is simple yet effective with loud and impressive sound. About 300-watt bass amp combo should be enough for you to practice well. So, dive in and select the best bass amp for yourself.
List of Best Bass Amps Under $300
1. Fender Rumble 100 v3 Bass Combo Amplifier
Let’s begin our list with iconic Fender Rumble 100 v3 Bass Combo Amplifier. This amp combo is a great invention in the world of portable bass -engineered from the ground up. These amps by Fender are lighter and louder as well as have a power and a classic Fender vibe. It comes with a specially developed foot-switchable overdrive circuit and versatile three-button voicing palette that deliver awesome tones. This amp is designed with features like XLR output, effects loop, overdrive circuit, and a 12″ speaker. Check out all the pros and cons of this product below. –
- Rumble bass combos are astoundingly compact, portable and lightweight, with seismic Fender bass tone and stage-worthy features.
- It sounds amazing and also looks incredibly stylish.
- It comes with eminence special design speaker, overdrive circuit, versatile three-button voicing.
- This amp consists of a 100-watt class D power amp and ported speaker enclosure pumps volume and deep bass response.
- The low-end sound of this bass amp is kind of weak and lacking.
- After a few days of use, it may start to produce a quiet hissing/crackling sound.
2. Peavey MAX 100 100-Watt Bass Amp Combo
Jam along with your favorite tracks by simply plugging into Peavey MAX 100 100-Watt Bass Amp Combo. It delivers a really loud and strong bass tone. The exclusive Peavey designs of the amp include a unique psycho-acoustic low-end enhancement. It comes with a power up to 100 watts and has a premium 10 speaker. Features like three-band EQ with overdrive, contour, mid-shift, bright, and kosmos-C switches simply add on to the effectiveness of this amplifier. Read further to know all the pros and cons of this product. –
- This bass combo amp is very powerful than a practice amp, but not so bulky/heavy that schlepping it to a gig and back would be difficult.
- It has both passive and active instrument inputs; effects send and return jacks, a headphone jack and an aux input for your music sources.
- It also has a balanced XLR direct output that will be more than enough for your gig.
- It also has a built-in chromatic tuner.
- Some of you find the sound quality not to be up to the mark as compared to other amps.
- After a few days of use, the performance of this amplifier might differ.
3. Hartke HD75 Bass Combo
Here comes amazing Hartke HD75 Bass Combo that has a patented HyDrive speaker technology. It’s awesome sound and sleek design is perfect for small venues, rehearsal spaces, and home practice sessions. This affordable bass amp maintains an exceptional tone and gives you a highly portable enclosure. This compact combo features a 75-watt amp and a 12-inch hybrid cone driver with a ceramic magnet, 2-inch tweeter. Read on to know all the pros and cons of this amplifier below. –
- This amplifier produces a top-mounted amplified volume with amazing bass, mid and treble controls
- It is designed with a hybrid cone speaker which provides you deep and warm low frequencies and an inside aluminum cone that produces mids and cut.
- This combo is very professional yet user-friendly so it can be used by anyone into bass music.
- It has a 7-band equalizer on its top-mounted amplifier panel, an 1/8 inch stereo aux and a 1/4 inch headphone output.
- This amplifier might create vibrations or extra noises while you are playing.
- Some may find that the bottom end, while powerful, does not do so well on lower ranges beyond the standard E note.
4. Orange Crush Bass 50W Bass Guitar Combo Amp
Enjoy playing at your gigs and at special music sessions with Orange Crush Bass 50W Bass Guitar Combo Amp. With this budget bass amp, you can play everything from modern to vintage music with equal amazement. This 50-watt bass amp combo gives you bold low notes as it is enabled with analog circuitry and ported cabinetry. It is designed with a special active EQ section that includes a sweepable parametric mid-band. Keep reading and learn all the pros and cons of this amplifier. –
- You can get more versatile gain and blend controls with this amp and create ‘bi-amped’-style tones with ease.
- With the use of a footswitch option, it can be switched in remotely.
- There are also amazing features like a buffered effects loop, integrated tuner, aux input and a headphone output with our cabsim circuitry.
- It also has an active 3 band EQ and parametric mid control.
- The power of this amp could have been better as compared to others.
- The effectiveness of its performance may vary after a while of use.
5. Ampeg BA112v2 1 x 12-Inch Combo Bass Amplifier
Practice with the best by getting yourself Ampeg BA112v2 1 x 12-Inch Combo Bass Amplifier. It will give you a classic Ampeg tone with maximum performance. It doesn’t matter if you are performing with the band or rehearsing by yourself, this amp is the one for you. This awesome amp comes with bass scrambler overdrive and delivers classic tube-like grind. With this bass amp, you get a great sound with manageable strength and volume. KNow all the pros and cons of this product below. –
- Ampeg amp has a 60° monitoring angle with front-facing controls, auxiliary inputs and a headphone jack for silent practice.
- Its practice-friendly features make it perfect for small gigs and home rehearsal sessions.
- This amplifier is very durable yet lightweight in design so that you can carry it anywhere without any worry.
- Some may notice that the sound breaks up at various volume levels.
- The amp may have static sound at any volume and it may seem to increase at louder volumes.
6. Marshall Amps Code 25 Amplifier
One more amazing addition to the list is Marshall Amps Code 25 Amplifier. This is one of the most versatile and impressive affordable bass amps you will find in the market. This bass amp combo possesses features like power amps, cabinet simulations, FX, etc. that let’s play in every tone you need with equal effectiveness. You can use options like glistening cleans, vintage crunches, and modern high gain options along with classic Marshall amp and have a choice of various cabinet simulations. Read further to know all the pros and cons of this product. –
- You get the guarantee and authenticity of Marshall tones if you go with this product.
- It consists of 14 MST preamps, 4 MST power amps, and 8 MST speaker cabinets.
- You can also connect this bass amp combo vis Bluetooth to stream music from your iOS or Android device.
- Apart from Bluetooth connectivity, it also has options for connecting using USB.
- Some of you may not be a big fan of the sound of this amp.
- The issue that is faced quite common in this amplifier is the Bluetooth connection may quit randomly.
Here was your list of the best bass amplifiers available in the market. All of them have some unique and special features. Now it’s your turn to decide what feature is required by you the most and is needed for your rehearsal or performance. We are sure, with all the points mentioned above, it surely will be easier for you to choose an ideal bass amp for yourself.